Join Our Network
When you join the Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) network of providers, you get a collaborative, team-based approach to health care.
MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) helps you and your patients by:
- Saving you time
- Simplified credentialing
- Easy claims submission
- Prompt payments
- Giving you access to helpful resources
- Free online provider education tools
- Provider Support Specialists offer training and operational assistance to promote best practices and improve quality of care
- Recognizing you as our partner
- Inclusion in our innovative Model of Care
- Enhanced quality programs to improve our processes
How do I become an MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) network provider?
To join the MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) network, individual providers, group practices, and organizations must be contracted and credentialed with MCC of AZ (HMO SNP).
STEP 1: Be certified as a Medicare provider.
- Download instructions and enrollment form here
- Visit the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) to securely and electronically submit and manage Medicare enrollment information
- Phone us at 1-800-424-4509 or email us at MCCAZProvider@MagellanHealth.com
- You can also email CMS at email@example.com
STEP 2: Complete our application process.
To join our network, please download and complete these required forms, as appropriate:
- AzAHP Practitioner Data Form: all practitioners must complete this form
- AzAHP Organizational Data Form: all provider organizations must complete this form
Once completed, please send the complete application with all supporting documentation to MCCAZProvider@magellanhealth.com.
STEP 3: Understand our credentialing process.
What is credentialing?
Credentialing is the process of reviewing, verifying and periodically re-verifying practitioner and/or organization credentials in accordance with defined criteria.
- What does the credentialing process include?
Prior to contract execution, we ensure providers and organizations meet credentialing criteria and are approved by the Regional Network and Credentialing Committee (RNCC). Once the contract is agreed upon, the credentialing process will begin and includes these steps:
- Application. If you are not yet accredited for participation in our plan, complete and submit the Practitioner Facility Credentialing and Recredentialing Application.
- Application review.We confirm you have fully completed the application and supplied all required supporting documents.
- Credentials verification.We verify information, including but not limited to license status, insurance coverage, and education/training, using criteria defined to meet accreditation, regulatory, and other applicable requirements.
- Committee review.If credentials meet minimum standards, the application is sent to a Regional Network and Credentialing Committee (RNCC) comprised of Magellan Complete Care of Arizona clinical staff and professional peers. The RNCC reviews applications subject to business needs and in accordance with applicable state law.
- How long does the credentialing process take?
Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) will complete the process in a manner that is, at a minimum, within required federal and/or statement guidelines. Once all required documents have been submitted, MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) has up to 90 days to complete the credentialing process.Once the credentialing process is completed, MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) will execute the contract. A copy will be sent to the group/organization and the contract will be entered into our claims and provider demographic systems.
STEP 4: Submit your required forms, including your IRS tax form W-9, to our network team.
You may submit your form(s) and W-9 in one of 3 ways.
MCC of AZ (HMO SNP)
4801 E. Washington Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.