Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) is a Medicare Advantage health plan that helps members maintain health and wellness within their own homes and communities. Magellan has decades of experience with improving the health of individuals through managing specialized services including pharmacy, specialty solutions and behavioral health.
We have a reputation for delivering access to high-quality care and helping our members get the most from the benefits we offer. One of the reasons we can do that is because we partner with the very best providers. We’re proud to work with healthcare professionals who share our commitment to serving our dual-eligible special needs population.
Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) makes it easy for you to focus on your patients by:
- Saving you time:
– Simplified credentialing
– Easy claims submission
– Prompt payments
- Giving you access:
– To free online provider education resources
– To provider support specialists – licensed nurses and behavioral health clinicians who offer training and technical assistance to providers to promote best practices and improve quality of care
- Recognizing you as our partner:
– In our innovative Model of Care, which provides a team approach to healthcare
– In quality improvement programs that improve our processes
When you join the Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) network of providers, you get a collaborative, team-based approach to health care. To join us, individual providers, group practices and organizations must be contracted and credentialed with Medicare and MCC of AZ (HMO SNP).
How to Join Our Network
- Download instructions and enrollment form here
- Visit the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) to securely and electronically submit and manage Medicare enrollment information
- For questions, phone us at 1-800-424-4509 or email us at MCCAZProvider@MagellanHealth.com
- You can also email CMS at email@example.com
To join our network, please download and complete these required forms, as appropriate:
- AzAHP Practitioner Data Form: all practitioners must complete this form
- AzAHP Organizational Data Form: all provider organizations must complete this form
Once completed, please send the complete application with all supporting documentation to MCCAZProvider@magellanhealth.com.
What is credentialing?
Credentialing is the process of reviewing, verifying and periodically re-verifying practitioner and/or organization credentials in accordance with defined criteria.
- What does the credentialing process include?
Prior to contract execution, we ensure providers and organizations meet credentialing criteria and are approved by the Regional Network and Credentialing Committee (RNCC). Once the contract is agreed upon, the credentialing process will begin and includes these steps:
- Application. If you are not yet accredited for participation in our plan, complete and submit the Practitioner Facility Credentialing and Recredentialing Application.
- Application review. We confirm you have fully completed the application and supplied all required supporting documents.
- Credentials verification. We verify information, including but not limited to license status, insurance coverage, and education/training, using criteria defined to meet accreditation, regulatory, and other applicable requirements.
- Committee review. If credentials meet minimum standards, the application is sent to a Regional Network and Credentialing Committee (RNCC) comprised of Magellan Complete Care of Arizona clinical staff and professional peers. The RNCC reviews applications subject to business needs and in accordance with applicable state law.
- How long does the credentialing process take?
Magellan Complete Care of Arizona (HMO SNP) will complete the process in a manner that is, at a minimum, within required federal and/or statement guidelines. Once all required documents have been submitted, MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) has up to 90 days to complete the credentialing process. Once the credentialing process is completed, MCC of AZ (HMO SNP) will execute the contract. A copy will be sent to the group/organization and the contract will be entered into our claims and provider demographic systems.